Thursday, April 21, 2011

Off Religiosity

Real kindness and compassion is not measured by how many bible phrases you said or how frequent you go to mass but of how many people you have helped and loved without expecting that you are going to heaven at the end. It is not even just being kind to the people you know, but showing respect and humaneness to strangers. It is not only by supporting and loving your family and friends, but uplifting the spirits of unknown people who have been suffering from the cruelty of this world. It is not following what those ‘people on top’ commanded, but of knowing in our hearts that what we did is good and that of others will benefit from it.

Let us reinvent the real essence of God’s words. Look at the larger picture. Do not be disillusioned by morality per se.

And look, I am not an atheist. I am just against the contaminated system.

-An unexpected someone commented on me when I posted this on Tumblr and she sympathized with me. She said she even wished people will read this for them to understand how people like us felt and think. I was so happy when I read her comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment